There are many ways you can help Got Bannock:
– Volunteering with preparing food as well as handing it out
– Helping with Donations of money, food, clothing or toiletries
Got Bannock prepares and hands out 150 healthy meals.
Every meal is made fresh before it is served.
In winter, meals include a hot option, like soup or chili, along with fresh-baked bannock, fresh fruit, hot coffee or tea, a granola bar and bottled water.
In summer, we prepare sandwiches instead of soup or chili.
We also sometimes distribute clothing.
How can you help?
Donate money: You can write a cheque to Got Bannock Inc. or donate through paypal or electronic bank transfer. This allows us to buy fresh food when it is needed – we have had some very helpful and generous sponsors – as well as take care of costs like gas.
Food Staples that can be stockpiled:
Ingredients for chili, soup and bannock-
• flour, baking powder, lard, canned vegetables, tomatoes, kidney beans, rice, granola bars, cookies, bottled water
Fresh ingredients needed weekly
- fresh fruit and vegetables
- fresh baking: muffins, banana bread
- fresh meat such as lean ground beef, chicken
Packaging and wrapping
We pre-pack lunch and always need: plastic wrap, bowls with lids, tin foil, lunch bags
Non-food items & winter items:
coats, boots and new socks and toiletries such as shavers, q-tips, combs shampoo/condition and soap