There are many ways you can help Got Bannock:
– Volunteering with preparing food as well as handing it out
– Helping with Donations of money, food, clothing or toiletries
Got Bannock prepares and hands out 200 healthy meals
on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of every month at 3 pm on the
corner of Main Street and Dufferin Ave.
Every meal is made fresh before it is served.
In winter, meals include a hot option, like soup or chili, along with fresh-baked bannock, fresh fruit, hot coffee or tea, a granola bar and bottled water.
In summer, we prepare sandwiches or a summer lunch instead of soup or chili.
We also sometimes distribute clothing.
How can you help?
Donate money: You can write a cheque to Got Bannock Inc. or donate through paypal. This allows us to buy fresh food when it is needed – we have had some very helpful and generous sponsors – as well as take care of costs like gas.
Food Staples that can be stockpiled:
Ingredients for chili, soup and bannock-
• flour, baking powder, lard, canned vegetables, tomatoes, kidney beans, rice, granola bars, cookies, bottled water
Fresh ingredients needed every day of action
- fresh fruit and vegetables
- fresh baking: muffins, banana bread
- fresh meat such as lean ground beef, chicken
Packaging and wrapping
We pre-pack lunch and always need: sandwich bags/plastic wrap, bowls with lids, spoons/forks, napkings, tin foil, grocery bags